All in a day's work!

While I was writing this post, my hubby stopped by and wanted to talk. I answered him briefly, so I could get on with my writing. Ticking my to-do list is more important than being with someone. Indeed 'being' is much harder than 'doing'. Even at home, there's a never ending list of things to do with no sense of completion. I walk around sometimes like there's something I forget to do. 

Whether in schools or homeschooling, the rat race is there. We're encouraged to pack our life full of activities and maximise our learning experience. At work, we have to look productive and take on more responsibilities. We live as if there's nothing wrong with this system. We call it 'progression'. If there's nothing wrong, why are we so perplexed by the flood of bad news, why are so many people unhappy? Why are so many on medication to control stress, depression? 

Slowing down is radical in this day. Learning to let go doing all things is just as radical. We couldn't really help it anymore. Whether it's a field trip, having a meal, going out with friends, finishing an assignment, watching tv - there's no rest. The pressure to keep up with the Joneses, to perform, to find our passion - is just too much to handle.

Here we are taking things easier this year. Working to a slower, simpler life.

Fitness first... badminton, track training, taekwando, swimming, running.
Exercise for city kids isn't a chore, kids like to play naturally. Only that setting time to do it consistently is hard. Exercise has to compete with so many things now - school work, activities, holidays, shopping, field trips, etc. 


Brandon is still very much passionate in drawing. His favourite is the black&white sketching. I'm just following his pace, cos I'm kinda very laid back in art & craft.


Homemade birthday cakes for the boys! They don't get tired of the same cakes almost every year.


Time with friends was also precious.


House chores and dog training. Fortunate we bumped into Cesar Millan videos thus we could keep Cookie a while longer. 

Psalm 46:10
Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilling the Beans in Ipoh - 6 Apr 2012

Al-Attas Garden in Janda Baik - 4 August 2012

Sungai Besar Fishing Town - 12 Jan 2014