Beach School ~ 29th July

Post by Silas 


So it's the start of my brothers' school holiday, and my parents thought it nice to have a day trip to the beach to have a fun time. Here we are! Welcome, to Beach School Fun Day. This event was run by homeschoolers, and the students were given a chance this day to volunteer as facilitators. 


Bubbles!! Boisterous kids made a grand entrance for the Beach Day.


When I first heard the announcement, I couldn't believe my ears. I've always had an interest on how to start a fire. All this while I only know the theory of starting a fire, so I took the opportunity here to apply what I'd known, and what I learnt there. They did considerably well in guiding us, because I eventually managed to start a fire for the first time!


The Mangrove walk was quite interesting. Who lives in a sea pineapple above the sea, for instance. 



We also saw big holes left behind by people who had excavated the rocks to build the Melaka fort hundreds of years ago. 



It's a challenge to walk in the mangrove with so many protruding little trees that live on water. Don't be tempted to trample on this conglomeration of sticks - once broken, consider a tree lost.



I just realize that when playing frisbee you tend to make good poses. Do you see me? Look at my awesome stunts! 


I went for a talk about the various types of shells in Malaysia. It was a great effort, both the display and the presentation. Did you know that some of these innocent looking shells that you see washed up ashore are actually carnivorous? 



Talented students of Beach School showing off their bamboo musical skills. Look at him go, blowing the flute through his nose! Why, I can't even blow into the flute through my lips... What more with nose! Well orchestrated; it was music to my ears. 



We took part in a dragnet activity. I never understood what dragnet was until  today. Basically you just drag the net into sea, and you would catch some oblivious creatures (and some junk). Then add it into your growing collection of weird marine creatures. A good way of studying the ocean, I guess- start small. 



After all the fun games and activities, I knew what was the next best thing to do. Rest my case. Ahh~~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilling the Beans in Ipoh - 6 Apr 2012

Al-Attas Garden in Janda Baik - 4 August 2012

Sungai Besar Fishing Town - 12 Jan 2014