Musings: End of high school

Posted by Joshua


2016 has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride- to me at least. This year will always remain especially close to my heart, not just because of the places I've been to or the things I did, but also because of the memories and friends made in my final year of high school. It has been an incredible journey so far, and as much as I look forward to the future, there's a huge part of me wishing that I could turn back time to start it all over again... (but I would remove the part about exams if I could)


A sweet birthday to a year of many flavours. 16 years have passed by in a flash... and my family were always there for me throughout. They have all seen me at my best and my worst, and I'm so thankful for each and every one of them, for their bottomless love and care. Including Cookie, our Miniature Pinscher.


I'm also very thankful for my friends and teachers who have stuck through thick and thin on our journey. On the way we learned that it was never the exams, but the people around us that mattered most. I cherish the moments we spent together, even the small ones - like eating breakfast in the canteen. As we go our separate ways, I hope that the time spent together will always be remembered.


What was once the quietest class in school quickly turned into the noisiest batch of students, and I'm proud to have been part of it.


Prom 2k16... a brilliant and memorable end to an even greater journey. By the way, I didn't tiptoe.


We're all winners in the end. Farewell to all of you, and the least I can do is to wish you all the best in the future, and thank you for being part of my journey. May our friendship not end here, but maybe only the beginning.


End of a chapter,
Beginning of another.
Colourful and amazing it has been,
and there'll never be a side,
with grass as green.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilling the Beans in Ipoh - 6 Apr 2012

Al-Attas Garden in Janda Baik - 4 August 2012

Sungai Besar Fishing Town - 12 Jan 2014