Football, rain or shine!

Posted by Brandon.


A friend of ours introduced us to a community youth football league. I wanted to try something new, so I decided to join. This was a new experience for me, since I never joined a real football league before.

The league is held every year, and if I'm not mistaken, it started in 2001. The place is located in Subang Jaya. It is quite far but worth it.

My team is called the 'Vikings' and my teammates were all very friendly. I was given the number '11'.


We still had to play even though it rained. If it is a heavy rain or thunderstorm, we had to refuge at a small cabin near the field until the rain stopped. I enjoyed playing in the rain because it feels like you are a real footballer. But my mother was the opposite. She kept herself under the umbrella, and said 
no to playing under the rain!


If the field is very wet after the rain stopped, (my mother said it wasn't a football field, but a vast swimming pool) the match or training would be cancelled.



Training before the match.

  
3..2..1.. Vikings!!


I played as a defender for my team. It was very tense when we played against some strong teams.


Me in action.


The parents supported very well.


I really enjoyed this experience and even though the season ended quickly, I hope I will join the next season. I learnt many new things such as working in a team. Our team had a motto too:

'One tribe, one family!'





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilling the Beans in Ipoh - 6 Apr 2012

Al-Attas Garden in Janda Baik - 4 August 2012

Sungai Besar Fishing Town - 12 Jan 2014