14th Kids For Chess Camp - 12-13 Dec 2013

Posting by Xian Wei


A few of us, including my brothers went to the chess camp held at the International Youth Centre in Cheras recently. Jin was in the higher intermediate level, whereas Brandon and I were in the lower intermediate. When the competition started, I was doing well, then I made a few mistakes and ended up in the 2nd place. I learnt a lesson not to take people's praises seriously and get overconfident. But I still enjoyed the games. 

I was playing against the winner. I almost won him but he checkmated me a few minutes before his time ran out.

Winners of the tournament (lower intermediate).

Brandon got 4th place.

Jin standing next to the Spanish coach, Captain Alberto. Like me, he got 2nd place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilling the Beans in Ipoh - 6 Apr 2012

Al-Attas Garden in Janda Baik - 4 August 2012

Sungai Besar Fishing Town - 12 Jan 2014